Fresh basil. How can anyone not love fresh basil? If you don’t, don’t tell me, because I still want to be your friend. Or something. I found a super easy recipe for pesto off of Simply Recipes and it is just delicious.
- 2 cups of fresh basil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup of pine nuts
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmigiano reggiano
- place basil and pine nuts in food processor – give it a few good pulses
- add garlic and pulse again – use spatula to sweep off sides
- slowly add olive oil while processing
- add in 1/2 cup of parmigiano reggiano
- add a pinch of salt to taste
Holy moly. So easy. So quick and so delicious. I will never ever buy canned pesto ever AGAIN!!