I’ve been kind of obsessed with rosemary lately. I blame it on the awesome rosemary bread I had up in Vacaville from the Nugget. Today’s sandwich put me over the top. I decided to make rosemary flatbread from a recipe I found on Smitten Kitchen for no other reason than to have more rosemary flavoured food in the house!
- 1 3/4 cups of flour – I used unbleached wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of oil
- 1 tablespoon of rosemary – about 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- preheat oven to 450° and place cookie sheet or baking pan on middle rack
- combine dry ingredients – flour, chopped rosemary, baking powder and salt
- add water and oil
- mix and knead dough a few times on clean surface – separate dough into three parts
- wrap two in plastic wrap and take remaining portion and roll out on parchment paper
- brush rolled out dough with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and a few rosemary leaves
- pop in oven for about 8 minutes, remove, and repeat with two remaining portions
So tasty! Now, I have to make some kind of tapenade or dipping sauce to go with it.